Schneider Electric Expands Ruggedised EcoStruxure Micro Data Center Offer, Optimised for IT Applications in Distributed, Edge Locations with Industrial Environments
- Turnkey solution & ruggedised for fast and simplified deployment in wide range of environments.
- Resilient, secure, and sustainable making it ideal for IT applications at the edge or distributed remote locations.
- Part of EcoStruxure™ provided monitoring that optimises performance, delivers data-driven recommendations, and visibility from anywhere, anytime.
London, United Kingdom, 10th November 2022 – Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, continues to lead the way in meeting the challenges of managing hybrid IT infrastructure with the introduction of the EcoStruxure™ Micro Data Center R-Series 42U Medium Density. By expanding its ruggedised Micro Data Center offer, Schneider Electric is providing IT professionals and IT solution providers with a fully integrated, turnkey solution for ease of ordering and deployment.
Optimised for IT applications in distributed locations that have industrial environments, the new Micro Data Center solution ships fully integrated for quick deployment. It features a heavy weigh load and large, industrial casters for easy movement.
“Industrial settings are not optimised for edge computing but there is an urgent need for IT systems to support edge computing trends,” said Jean-Baptiste Plagne, Vice President Offer Management, Rack & Edge Systems, Energy Management, Schneider Electric. “This solution, with its 905-kilogram (2,000lb) weight load, is ideal for heavy IT equipment with the enclosure, security, cooling, and power necessary to operate in an industrial environment. It delivers the innovation that is needed in industrial settings.”
Edge computing is growing rapidly, and the new 42U Medium Density addresses the urgent needs IT professionals and IT solution providers are facing in three essential ways:
- Resilient and secure enclosure for on-site IT – Provides what Industry 4.0 environments require with a sealed design to protect against dust and moisture and a physically secure solution with features designed to support IT equipment with flexibility to power, cooling, and remote monitoring. Features NEMA 12/IP54 rated enclosure, sealed design.
- Enhanced ease of ordering and deployment – Delivers a turnkey solution with integrated power, cooling, security, and management for ease of deployment, delivery, installation, quoting, and scalability.
- Increased visibility – Features an APC™ Smart-UPS that provides monitoring with visibility to optimise performance, delivers data-driven recommendations, and enables visibility from anywhere, anytime, crucial at a time when there is a lack of staff to properly monitor equipment on-site.
Availability of the newest Micro Data Center offer
The EcoStruxure Micro Data Center R-Series 42U Medium Density is now available in Europe. It can be purchased from IT partners and directly from Schneider Electric. To learn more about this innovative line of products, visit se.com.
ABOUT SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the indisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency. We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
For more information please visit: https://www.se.com/en/
Visit the DATACENTRE.ME Directory Listing for Schneider Electric here.
Disclaimer: DATACENTRE.ME may not be held responsible or liable for the content or details within this news article.