PRESS RELEASE: London, UK – Vertiv has announced that it is bringing CIBSE (Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers) accredited Tech Byte continuing professional development (CPD) seminars online.
Every Thursday from the 16th of April until the 4th of June, Vertiv will be running weekly webcasts at 10:00 AM BST. Each 45-minute webcast is completely free of charge to attend and offers the chance to ask experts various questions at the end.
Vertiv is inviting contractors, building service and consulting engineers across the UK to attend their new online webcast series designed to deepen their knowledge of critical power, thermal technologies and data centre applications. Each attended webcast, either live or on demand, will contribute to CIBSE CPD requirements and will provide attendees a CIBSE qualified CPD certificate.
Full details on each session can be found here. The full line-up of webcasts planned is listed below:
- Thursday, April 16 – Addressing Data Centre Operational Challenges through Thermal Management Technologies
- Thursday, April 23 – Earthing and Neutral Considerations
- Thursday, April 30 – Chilled Water – systems and data centre optimisation, intelligent platforms for optimum system control and tiers of availability in hydraulic systems
- Thursday, May 07 – Battery Technology and Design Considerations
- Thursday, May 14 – Direct Expansion – solutions and free cooling options
- Thursday, May 21- UPS Fundamentals – the history, basics, efficiency, installation requirements and batteries
- Thursday, May 28 – Adiabatic and Evaporative Cooling – basics of psychometric and solutions for data centre applications
- Thursday, June 04 – Generator Sizing and Installation Requirements – planning your installation
“Vertiv experts have been travelling across the UK and Ireland for many years delivering CIBSE accredited CPDs to consulting engineers and contractors. To keep our network up to date with the latest technical power and thermal training, we wanted to offer our CPDs as webcasts until we can get back on the road again and deliver them in-person at your offices.” says Alex Brew, UK and Ireland sales director at Vertiv.
Participation is completely free of charge – simply register here. If you are unable to attend on the indicated dates, you are still welcome to register to be able to access the archived recording of the webinar on demand.
Vertiv (NYSE: VRT) brings together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services to ensure its customers’ vital applications run continuously, perform optimally and grow with their business needs. As Architects of Continuity™, Vertiv solves the most important challenges facing today’s data centres, communication networks and commercial and industrial facilities with a portfolio of power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs approximately 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries.
For more information please visit www.vertiv.com or contact Katie Evans