PRESS RELEASE: London, United Kingdom – Schneider Electric has today announced that the Galaxy VS 3-phase Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) with internal smart battery modules now extends from 10 to 100 kW.
Offering 99% efficiency in ECOnversion™ mode, the Galaxy VS modular design is easy to deploy and service, making it ideal for critical IT, commercial, and industrial applications. The internal smart battery modules improve availability with added battery flexibility and monitoring, redundant battery strings, and self-configuration. This design reduces risk by ensuring critical loads are always protected with highly predictable runtimes and battery redundancy.
This release also introduces support for internal N+1 module level redundancy, improving system availability by up to 10 times. Galaxy VS with internal batteries is now the highest density uninterruptible power supply in the industry, making it ideal for the unique requirements of edge computing and critical infrastructures.
“With its industry leading density and N+1 availability, this Galaxy VS expansion addresses the growing need within the edge computing and data centre industries for solutions that are highly available, fully managed, and highly efficient without increasing UPS footprint,” said Bin Lu,
senior vice president of Data Centre Systems, Secure Power, Schneider Electric.
Additional Galaxy VS benefits include:
- Footprint savings: Compact design and full front access for servicing makes it ideal for confined spaces.
- Maximum availability thanks to modular architecture: Critical system components built as modules for faster serviceability and fault tolerance.
- Cost savings: Provides up to 99% efficiency when operated in Schneider Electric’s patented ECOnversion mode, allowing users to recover their initial investment within two to three years through energy savings (model dependent).
- Increased uptime and simplified maintenance: Critical system components are built as modules with a fault-tolerant design. This provides internal redundancy at reduced load levels and a shorter mean time to repair.
- EcoStruxure Ready: Makes it easy to manage with global visibility of equipment performance and status supported with a 24×7 expert service bureau using the next generation management software, EcoStruxure IT Expert and EcoStruxure Asset Advisor.
The extended power range is available worldwide except Japan. For more information, please visit the Galaxy VS overview page or contact your local Schneider representative.
EcoStruxure is Schneider Electric’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and platform. It delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity for customers. EcoStruxure leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver innovation at every level. This includes connected products, edge control and apps, analytics, and services. EcoStruxure has been deployed in more than 480,000 sites, with the support of more than 20,000 system integrators and developers, connecting over 1.6 million assets under management through over 40 digital services.
About Schneider Electric:
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
For more information regarding Schneider Electric or this press release, please visit www.se.com/uk/en or contact Lavina Dsouza Tel: +44 (0) 7887 560218 / lavina.dsouza@Schneider-electric.com or your local Schneider Electric representative.
Media Contact: Damien Wells, Spa Communications for Schneider Electric +44 (0) 1892 511413 / firstname.lastname@example.org