NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY: M&E SHIFT ENGINEER – EA-RS FIRE ENGINEERING
Due to continued expansion across the EA-RS Group, an exciting new job opportunity has become available at EA-RS Fire Engineering, the Group’s Centre of Excellence for Critical Infrastructure, Commercial, Healthcare and Data Centres.
Job Title: M&E Shift Engineer
Location: Debden – On Site Data Centre
Job Type: Permanent (12Hrs Continental Shift – 4 days on, 4 days off)
Start Date: ASAP
To operate and maintain engineering plant and equipment to a high standard in a high technology environment in compliance with statutory requirements, best industry practice, due care and attention must be applied and Mastercard's health and safety standards.
MAIN TASK AREAS
- Monitor and control mechanical and electrical plant.
- Carry out planned preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Maintain records of plant operation and maintenance.
- Supervise specialist external subcontract engineers. Including H&S briefing, contractor induction and permit to work.
- Be able to work unsupervised and deputise for the Engineering Supervisor when needed.
- Be able to act as a first line trouble-shooter to maintain critical engineering services.
- Mentoring of Mastercard apprentices to ensure increased knowledge of Engineering systems/setup is passed across.
All engineers after an initial induction period may be required to work on their own with minimal or no supervision. They will be expected to cover the following duties:
- Operation of a building management system (BMS) requiring basic PC literacy.
- Operation and control of a Fire detection and fire extinguishing systems requiring basic PC Literacy;
- Use of Mastercard Intranet PC system for email and H&S information. Requiring basic PC literacy;
- Understand and work to Mastercard' health and safety procedures; Operation of standby diesel generator system;
- A practical understanding of L.V. switching arrangements, electrical safety and isolation;
- A practical understanding and trained ability (with current certificate) to switch High Voltage; Operation and first line fault finding of HVAC system and controls. Air Cooled Chillers,
- Complex chilled water systems and water treatment legislation.
- Operation of Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) system, PDUs and critical complex electrical distribution systems.
- Supervise specialist subcontract service engineers with respect to site access, H&S and quality of work.
- Represent Mastercard in relation to escorting visitors throughout the Mastercard processing centre.
- Keep daily records of work carried out, utilising the in-house CPPM system.
- Keep health and safety records up to date and contribute to tasks such as reviews of risk assessments etc.
- Undergo training for various tasks, which in Mastercard's opinion are warranted e.g. first aid at work, fire warden, COSHH, to include CPD.
- Carry out electrical testing and installation projects; as directed by Supervisors.
- Certificate of knowledge of current edition of the IEE Regulations.
- Possession of an industry accepted ‘skill card' is required.
- Carry out electrical inspection & first line fault analysis/repair.
- Carry out electrical biased planned preventative maintenance.
- Carry out mechanical projects; as directed by Supervisors:
- Carry out maintenance and inspection of motor/pump sets, pipelines, filters, air handling units, ducts, air filters, air compressors, etc.
- Some knowledge of water treatment would be an advantage
- Carry out mechanical biased planned preventative maintenance.
Shift engineers are expected to have a strong knowledge and understanding of building services plant and equipment in a “high tech” environment in order to be able to respond quickly and effectively to ensure all breakdowns and maintenance of engineering equipment and systems are rectified in order not to compromise the critical environments within the centre. On the job site familiarisation training will be provided by Mastercard engineering supervisors.
- 12 hour continental shift pattern (4 days on, 4 days off).
- £50k PA.
For further information regarding this role, please contact and/or apply by sending your full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT EA-RS FIRE ENGINEERING
EA-RS Fire Engineering are the UK’s leading fire safety solutions provider to the data centre and critical infrastructure space. With more than 25 years’ experience in the data centre market, the whole team take great pride in technical excellence and their ability to prescribe the most appropriate fire safety solutions for data centres and critical environments. As part of the EA-RS Fire Group, EA-RS Fire Engineering has grown to become a leading specialist in Fire Detection, Fire Alarm, Fire Suppression, Water Mist and Sprinkler systems.
EA-RS Fire Engineering take great pride in technical excellence and their ability to prescribe the most appropriate fire safety solutions for the environment. Their highly skilled engineers carefully consult to fully understand the organisation’s needs and to identify the building's specific requirements. This is achieved by working closely with Electrical, Mechanical, Fire and Construction firms and consultants, or by acting directly as fire systems consultants.