NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY: DATA CENTRE PROJECT MANAGER – MEESONS
Are you looking to start 2022 with a new exciting challenge within the data centre industry?
If so, Meesons have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Centre Project Manager within their rapidly expanding project delivery department.
Reporting directly to the Head of Project Delivery, this position will be a fundamental part of the Projects department ensuring Data Centre projects are delivered successfully by good and diligent management of customers, suppliers, schedules, and finances.
The Ideal Candidate
For this exciting client facing opportunity, the ideal candidate will have construction experience, preferably within the security entrance control environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Of a technical mindset and naturally embrace nurturing and developing relationships at all levels.
- Comfortable and experienced with liaising with International Contractors and other Key Stakeholders
- Someone who relishes meeting new people from a wide variety of cultures.
- Able to travel often (both domestically and internationally) and at short notice.
- Able to speak and write fluent English
Job Title: Data Centre Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
As a data centre specific Project Manager at Meesons, you will be responsible for a range of areas such as project technical scope, stakeholder management, financial performance, site preparation, RAMS and project resourcing, to name but a few. It is vital within this role that you are a confident leader and can do whatever it takes to ‘get the job done’.
Your brief as a Project Manager for Data Centres
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Participate in and take own the project from ‘Handover’
- Be the clients points of contact building a good working relationships client side (typically this would be Project Manager, QS & Site Manager).
- Give design input when needed and to coordinate with the factory, client & internal departments to ensure deadlines are met
- Attending meetings ensuring the design & deadlines are deliverable within Budget
- Liaising with fabricators to monitor progress and quality
- Ensure appropriate information is uploaded / input to the chosen client system to monitor and record progress, meet deadlines (A-site, 4-projects )
- Responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly H&S activities and requirements, ensuring all the paperwork is always up-to-date and relevant and available for inspection
- Responsible for project specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Monitoring sub-contractors to comply with relevant safety and quality standards
- Coordinate all Site based activity including management of site managers and sub-contract installation companies
- Ensure all surveys & setting out are carried out accurately and with sufficient details to enable smooth design / fabrication process
- Ensure deliveries are on time and safe
- Ensure H&S is fully compliant with all relevant standards and requirements
- Ensure Meesons teams have site access and permits as needed
- Ensure your projects are planned and ensure sufficient resources are allocated.
- Continually update internal systems (Knack) to ensure the Company has the most up to date & accurate information.
And a brief of your specific tasks
- Liaising with other departments to ensure we always provide the right products and services
- Obtain enough expertise and input from others (internally and externally) to mitigate and eliminate risk to the company both legally and financially.
- To maintain minimum financial performance requirements by ensuring that booked order margin targets are met
- Maintain correct ‘paper trail’ on all communications, discussions, and negotiations.
- Produce reports as needed, encompassing all areas under your responsibility.
- Champion the use of all company systems and drive improved performance with better data.
- Ensure all activity and data are entered correctly on to the systems and that all reports are accurate and up to date.
- Help & Support other teams and departments with training and other input as needed.
- Represent the company at trade shows and other events as needed both domestically and internationally.
- The ensure regular communication to your line manager and the broader business, sharing information and helping the growth and health of the business in general.
For further information regarding this role, please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a full job specification with your full CV and Cover Letter including salary expectations.
Founded in 1864, Meesons have over 30 years’ experience specialising in entrance control solutions in the UK Security Industry. Over the years Meesons has held fast to its core principles of individual client attention, focus and market adaptation to ensure that we help you find the right solution to meet your needs.
Meesons delivers quality security systems to high demanding sectors. These sectors include critical national infrastructure such as airports, data centres and central government along with corporate clients and leisure.
Visit the DATACENTRE.ME Directory Listing for Meesons here.
Disclaimer: DATACENTRE.ME may not be held responsible or liable for the content or details within this news article.
For further information, please refer to the full details of this article via the original source here.