DATA CENTRE DEVELOPMENTS IN EUROPE – 2021 ONWARDS REPORT RELEASED
The brand new Data Centre Developments in Europe – 2021 Onwards report has just been released (February 2021) and uses information on over seventy (70) projects collated on key new third-party Data Centres planned across twelve (12) European Countries.
Counties covered in the report (A-Z):
This report finds that there will be over 850,000 m2 of potential raised floor space under development with over 1,500 MW of power when complete. The report calculates that the project capex will total Euro €9 billion in total.
The report highlights the following key trends:
- Although the UK is forecast to see marginally the highest increase in Data Centre space – in terms of percentage growth it is ranked only ninth out of the twelve Countries surveyed.
- Countries containing the so-called FLAP cities (the acronym for Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam & Paris) are set to see relatively low levels of growth – with Germany ranked seventh out of the twelve markets surveyed, the UK in ninth, France in tenth and the Netherlands in eleventh place out of 12 in terms of percentage growth.
- Countries of the so-called Tier 2 markets, which have less established Data Centre markets, are set to see the highest rates of percentage growth – led by Ireland and Italy – followed by Austria, Spain, Switzerland and Poland.
- The growth in some markets could be transformative – in Ireland new campus facilities planned from CyrusOne, K2 Data Centres and Echelon Data Centres will more than double potential capacity. In Italy, new developments by Aruba, Equinix and Vantage Data Centers will boost Italian space by over 60 per cent.
- The key to new developments is the introduction of large new campus developments suitable for Hyperscale applications by a range of large investors including – Ark Data Centres, Vantage Data Centers, Aruba, Interxion/Digital Realty, CyrusOne, NTT Global Ltd & Equinix.
- Data Centre construction in Europe is currently booming – with the first phase of build outs to appear during 2022. Compared with 2019 to 2020 the number of new Data Centre projects from 2021 to 2022 have increased by 50%.
The growth in new facilities in Europe reflects the spread of Data Centres to smaller metro markets in Europe who are now catching up with the larger FLAP markets with large campus developments. The relative lull in Data Centre investment in 2019 to 2020 a result of the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in an increase in new projects scheduled to start from 2021 and 2022. These new developments will continue to be tracked.
Why should you buy this report:
- Provides an insight into key new development Data Centre projects in Europe
- Provides an insight into those Data Centres that are expanding and what their portfolio is in other European countries
- List of 2020 and 2021 onwards Data Centre development projects in one place
Publication Date: February 2021
Number of Pages: 51
Click here to see table of contents
Price: GBP £595
Special offer: discounts can be obtained when purchasing 2 or more reports at the same time. Reports available are as follows:
- Europe Data Centre Trends Tracker Report 2020
- January 2020 Data Centre UK Trends Report
- Data Centre Landscape EUROPE 2020
- Data Centre Middle East 2017 – 2020 Report
- USA Data Centre Pricing Tracker 2019
- Data Centre Caribbean Report 2020
- Asia-Pacific Data Centre Pricing Tracker 2019
- Data Centre Africa 2015
For more information or to purchase any of the above-mentioned reports / subscriptions, please contact Caroline Hitchins on firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 7544 121900